Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A week in Jupiter Freedom...

Monday: Take my emails and respond to my first potential client that I don't know- yeah! Write on my blog. Look at magazines for inspiration on fabrics. Work the rest of the day to try to figure out how I will attach the jewlery accessories to the armbag. Go to the beads place to get a crash course. Start doing jewelry accessories myself. Not simple and very labor intensive...

Tuesday: Take my emails. Go to Supreme Laces to get my elastics, YKK for the zippers, MSB for the piping, Ultratex for bra hooks, Pacific Imports for other hooks, Eugene textile, Club tissu and Fabricville to get some fabric and inspiration. Breathe and eat. Go to my paternist. Prepare all technical specs sheets and raw material inventory.

Wednesday: Go to St-Jérôme to drop raw materials and provide direction to the production team who will make the bags. Back to Montreal - stuck in traffic...Take my emails. Spend time on Facebook. Do my accounting (ouach). Look into all my purses to find receipts. Realize that I spent alot of money. Adjust my sales, production and inventory projections. Re-balance my cashflow sheet.

Thursday: Take my emails. Validate 15 images sent out by my designer. Validate the web pages in development. Write web content in english and french. Prepare product inventory sheets, product codes and names. Create invoice templates for customers. Go on PayPal to figure out the handshake process. Look at Canada Post, UPS and Fedex to figure out costs and customs formalities for shipping into US and International. Buy shipping boxes that are big enough to fit 1-2 armbags but small enough so we fit into the "small package" category from Canada Post so it is cheaper.

Friday: Take a class on something like "Income taxe for businesses", "GST", "Exportations/C-TPAT", "Accounting". Eat. Prepare marketing plan and tactics for launch. Find websites to advertise and distribute my product. Fill in applications for contests, grants and exhibits (BTW - I will be at the One of a Kind show in Toronto in March - yeah). Improve my business plan. Breathe...

A la semaine prochaine ;-)
gen