Monday, September 24, 2007

Having fun...

I'm really excited... today is my first day of production. I drove all the way to St-Jérôme this morning (1h drive) to give all my 5000 yards of fabrics (!!) so the production place can start doing the bags. It was a hectic week running around getting all the material but I'm really having fun doing it. I know it is business but people are really nice and helpful. I'm not afraid to ask around for the best suppliers for zippers, elastics, fabric and people are always pointing in a direction. I love talking with people that have been in the business for years. They are really passionate about it even if the garment industry is a pretty though one especially since everything is now made in China or India.

I also love looking around for the best deal in order to reduce my costs. It feels like a scavenger hunt to me. Every time I find a cheaper supplier I feel like getting a reward. I know this will translate into a better deal for my customers and more business for me ;-)

Leaving my job to start my own business was the best thing for me at this point in my life. Not only it was the perfect timing but I feel that with my education and work experiences, I have the maturity, the skills and competencies to make this happen. Most of all, I'm having fun doing it. To me, a job should not necessarily be a big party but should definitely be stimulating. This one certainly is...

talk to you later
gen